Bill has worked in virtually all areas of criminal law throughout South Carolina. He has been Head of the President's Upstate Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force, Assistant State Prosecutor, Chief Public Defender and a successful Federal Prosecutor in both the Upstate and Midlands of SC. Bill has won arguments before the SC Supreme Court of Appeals and, has also, reversed magistrate level convictions.
Throughout his career, Mr. Yarborough has dealt with people charged with serious crimes such as murder, white collar crimes and DUI's, as well as drug charges and other related crimes. Bill has successfully handled cases of legislators, lawyers, doctors, corporate heads and the average person who has been charged with any crime.
The Yarborough Law Firm is a small firm which works under the understanding that if we take your cases, Bill will personally handle all aspects of your cases from a preliminary hearing to a trial, bond reduction or dismissal. Mr. Yarborough has trials at all levels of court (Federal, State, & Magistrate) and prides himself on being available to his clients.
With a masters Degree in management, Advanced Degree in Theology and more than 100 hours of study in substance abuse training, mixed with his background in Criminal law, Bill has a keen understanding of why things happen when they happen and this allows for multi-faceted outcomes in criminal cases. Mr. Yarborough understands that being charged with a crime is a serious, delicate matter which may require either an aggressive or a discrete way of handling your cases.
Take steps early to avoid bad outcomes. Each case is different and each client is different and each result must be tailored in a way that works best for each person who may have gotten mixed up in a criminal matter, whether in Federal or State Court. In South Carolina or elsewhere, Bill understands people, understands problems and demands outcomes. He is personal, straight forward and does not mix words. He is a relentless advocate for his clients and takes the time with you to help you understand your options and help get the desired result you or your family member may need.
Areas of Practice
- DUI 30%
- Federal Criminal Charge 20%
- State Court Cases 30%
- White Collar Crime 20%
- Appeals Criminal
- Criminal Defense
- Health & Health Care Law
- Securities Law
- South Carolina, 1988
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- Honors: Justice Department Advance Trial Advocacy & Appellate Practice
- Honors: Graduate - National Criminal Defense College
- Honors: Graduate - National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- University of South Carolina
- Honors: Masters Degree in Management, Southern Wesleyan
- Honors: Degree in Theology, University of South Carolina
- Honors: 100 Hours of Study in Substance Abuse Training
- Major: Political Science
- City Council Members
- Head of Corporations
- Students, Athletes and Business Professionals
- Presented Continuing Legal Education on Federal Cases in Criminal Law
- Taught Federal Sentencing Guidelines on substance abuse with professionals to the North Carolina Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Various Awards from the Department of Justice
- President, National Law Society
Past Employment Positions
- Organized Drug Enforcement Task Force, Head of President's
- Assistant United States Attorney
- Assistant State Prosecutor
- Chief Public Defender
- Private practice partner of Ashmore & Yarborough
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon